Apply for a PSA Travel Grant!
Apply for the UC Davis PSA Travel Grant!
Applications are currently being accepted for the Winter 2017 award cycle.
PSA Travel Grant
The PSA Travel Grant is a $400 grant (contingent on continued funding) for current UC Davis postdoctoral scholars who need financial assistance to present their work at conferences. Postdoctoral scholars with full support to travel to conferences may apply, however priority is given to applicants with limited or no funding. Up to twelve awards are available per year, funding is given as a reimbursement, post-conference.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Appointment Status. Postdoctoral Scholars must have an appointment at UC Davis (Title codes: 3252, 3253, 3254, 3240, 3370) Financial need. Priority is given to applicants who have partial or no financial support from the department or principal investigator.
- Merit of Research. The merit of research will be judged by the proposed or submitted meeting abstract. Abstract submission as well as verification and receipt of conference attendance are required to claim award.
- Need for Career and Professional Development. The need of the scholar for career and professional development will be considered if attendance will significantly enhance this aspect of their career.
- Merit of the Individual. The scholar’s research background, including publications, grant awards, honors and education will be considered when determining awards.
Dates and Deadlines
Online application submission will only be open one month before the submission deadline. Check website updated URL links for application.
Winter 2017 Cycle - closed
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2017
- Conference Dates: April 1 – June 30, 2017
Spring 2017 Cycle - open!
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2017
- Conference Dates: July 1 – September 30, 2017
Summer 2017 Cycle
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2017
- Conference Dates: October 1 – December 31, 2017
Fall 2017 Cycle
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2017
- Conference Dates: January 1 – March 31, 2018
- Complete the online application
- Directly email a Letter of recommendation from Principal Investigator to email@example.com stating:
- The need for additional support for travel to the meeting/conference
- The scholar’s merit
- The importance to the career development of the scholar