In any career, good networking skills can help lead you to success. In a place like UC Davis, there are several opportunities to interact with other people and exchange ideas, such as:
- Research Seminars
- PSA meetings
- Programs like Professors for the Future
- Social Events like the semi-annual Postdoc Receptions
- Informal activities like the monthly Postdoc Cantina Night
In addition, presenting work at regional and national scientific meetings, and participating in groups like the UC Council of Postdoctoral Scholars or the National Postdoctoral Association also offer good networking opportunities.
Some simple key guidelines to remember about networking are:
- Be a collaborative person.
- Make friends and don't make enemies.
- Always complete tasks you promised to do for others.