Part of the PSA's mission is to help you get the most out of your postdoctoral training. A successful postdoctoral training process for can be broken down into four general steps:
- Get funded
- Present, network, and publish.
- Get any special training you may need in the future, especially leadership and mentoring training.
- Learn everything you can to prepare for your next career move, apply for jobs, and get hired!
These are generalized steps oriented toward an academic career, but can also serve as a good framework to build upon if you plan to enter industry, government, consulting, or a different career path of your choice. Use the resources below to help with this process.
UC Davis Professional and Career Development Programs
- Professors for the Future
- Leaders for the Future
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Career Advising for UCD Postdocs
Entrepreneurship as a career path for postdocs
- Entrepreneurship Academies
- Business Development Fellowships
- Keller Pathway Fellowships
- Big Bang! Business Competition
Creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- myIDP for STEM postdocs
- ChemIDP for postdocs in the chemical sciences
- ImaginePhD for humanities and social sciences postdocs